Saturday 14 April 2012

A day as a starfish

I once read a book, where there was this woman, who lived by the sea and believed that humas and dolphins had evolved from watermonkeys. The woman herself was addicted to water and she spent most of her days in the water and swam and lived like otters. Eventually she was put in a mental hospital.

Anyways, after I read the book, I thought I'd want to learn to swim properly, so that I could enjoy it like the lady in the book. My swimming is just about passable and I didn't learn it in the swimming school. Luckily my friend offered to teach me, and yesterday we began our lessons in the kids pool. Well, needles to say my swimming style was nowhere near that of the otters. It was more like one of a drowning starfish. But we had lots of fun and I learned to dive without pinching my nose. I think its a start allright and I can't wait for our next lesson.

My exercises have always been bit of and on, but now, since I want to get in shape for that Synja-hiking I've decided it's time for some drastic measures. So yesterday I printed myself a pocket-sized calendar and bought bunch of stickers. From now on, everytime I do sports I get a shiny sticker on my calendar. Now I allready got two!

Have you ever had problems with keeping up with sports or something else you wanted to do but just can't find the time/energy etc.? What were your "drastic measures" then?

-Tiina






No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts. Please leave a comment =)