Monday 2 April 2012

The elephant in the room

Well, this post isn't exactly about those positive sparks of life, but I'm gonna share it with you anyway. Maybe then we can laugh on this together..

I have a teacher who clearly thinks that I'm pregnant. She hasn't said or asked anything obvious, but I know she thinks I am. How do I tell her, and to everyone else I meet that I'm not, without embarrassing neither of us? Within the last year I've been through so many absurd and akward situations where people have happily greeted me with "Oh! You're with a child! How wonderful!!" and then after I corrected them gotten so embarrassed  that it's painfull to watch. Since this keeps happening to me, I´d like to find a smooth solution to it. Should I just blurt it out straight away when introducing myself? Like in an AA-meeting? "Hi! My name is Joe and I'm not pregnant." 

If you have any good one-liners on this, please do share =)

-Tiina

Just one random elephant here..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts. Please leave a comment =)