Saturday 7 July 2012

Fishing with dad

I'm back in Kuopio, and remembering Ivalo it wasn't really so gloomy I had thought it would be. There were some really good moments too. Like the night I spent with Jukka and other friends celebrating Juhannus. Even the weather was eventually so nice, that it was pity to leave the cottage and the lake shore behind and head back to town. Also the barbequeing-party Jukka held last weekend was good fun. Lots of friends, little barbequeing and more beer and board games =)

Still, after all those parties I think the best thing was when I went fishing with my dad. We had been trying to go to the river ever since I arrived in Ivalo, and finally a day before I left we packed the boat and took of.  The weather wasn't really promising, the clouds were gathering on the sky, it was windy and actually thundering in Ivalo. Nevertheless we packed our stuff, prepared our fishing gears and I pulled on dads' raincoat and -trousers, for it was raining cats and dogs when we left. Luckily the weather was shifty and by the time we reached the shore where we slid the boat in the river, it was already sunny again. The photos I took don't look right, for it was really bright weather, and it looks like it would be raining in them. Well I didn't want to spent time fumbling with the camera settings when there was more important things to do. Like just being present.
Dad driving the boat


Rölli couldn't stay still for one picture




We spent the afternoon trolling back and forth between two rapids. I'm not much of a fisher, I don't even like fish but this time I really enjoyed it. I congratulated myself of the few somewhat good throws I had. Even dad was in a good humor and relaxed. Despite our efforts though we only caught one fish and spotted one wood grouse. On our way home we feasted with salmiac and cheese with cloudberry jam. I think it was one of the best trips I've had with my dad.

-Tiina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts. Please leave a comment =)