Wednesday 2 May 2012

That night we were young

Here's another photo post about Vappu, or May Days', celebrations. Now that I look at these photos I realise there isn't a one of me in my overalls. And I'm so proud of them! Also, like every time, afterwards I think I should've photographed more, but obviously I was too busy. 

Anyways, I celebrated with my classmates and we were supposed to take part in a student march through the city, but we managed to miss that. We'd been looking for a radio that we can take with us from our school. Later on we realised we didn't want to spend so much money on the batteries to that radio, and we'd left the power cord to school. We managed to miss all the other happenings too, like the one where the university students drop a professor in the pool. I dont know how that happened, we just forgot about it. Eventually we had a picnic and barbeque by a little pond near the city centre. Well, even then we first forgot the sausages to our friends place, and didn't remember them before we had lit the grill. There was a lot of crowd there and it was good fun. Me and Laura limped through the whole evening; Laura had had her cast taken of from her foot earlier in the morning, and I had stumbled on a rock and hurt my knee. All and all, and despite the misfortunes, it was a good night, which ended way too soon. 

Now I can't wait till next Vappu, it will be my last as a student!! Sniff =') Next time I'll have a backpack and hot rum instead of cold sparkling wine. I won't miss any occasions and I'll wear my overalls day-in-day-out through the week of Vappu.

-Tiina

The Lobotomy Sisters; Ida and I


Johanna, Heidi, Saara and Saara



 Ida barbequeing. We had some salad too. And chips and mustard. Proper picnic.

Cheers! Laura looks dubious



No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts. Please leave a comment =)