Friday 9 March 2012

Finglish?

I've posted two posts now and already I'm wondering why I wanted to write in English. Maybe some of my readers (when I finally have them) are wondering the same. 

The original idea was that it might be easier for me to write about my feelings in English. To create this happyhappyjoyjoy-English speaking alter-ego. But it turned out that  my vocabulary might not be vast enough to do that. I can do the everyday chit-chat, but at least occasionally I´d like this blog to have more depth than that. Also, I'm wondering if I get my tone of voice right. I'm afraid that I sound too cocky or too positive or  strangely American or basically anything else than what I intended. But if the Americans, to my experience, seem happier and more easy-going than the Finns, then whats the harm?

Well, since I've already started, I'm stubborn enough to keep on going. Also, I like the name Hurdy-Gurdy Life too much and it isn't even nearly as good in Finnish. So please, bear with me and my Finglish and keep on reading.

-Tiina

PS. I'm working on on some birthdays' resolutions, and hopefully I get to make a post about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts. Please leave a comment =)