Friday 16 March 2012

Heart me, Heart you.

Yay! Today I'm going to Helsinki and this time not to hospital! I´m going to a Synja meeting with other young adults with heart condition in Pasila, Helsinki. Synja is a division of Finnish Association for Heart Children and Adults, meant for young and adults with congenital heart defect.

I joined the Finnish Association for Heart Children and Adults last summer after I got ill last spring. My family had been a member before, when I was little, and we used to go to these weekend meetings at Rovaniemi with my mum and brother. Last autumn I attended one of these meetings in Suomenlinna, for the first time in more than ten years. I remember I was so nervous and excited about the trip I almost cancelled it. But I'm so glad I went. I met people who had gone through the same I had and I made new friends. We had information about heart-transplantations but also lots of entertainment. We held a Christmas party and Santa Claus visited us and there was a magic-show. I think the best part though was to spend time and chat together among other activities. And I have to say that humour between gravely ill people and normal people is VERY different =D
It was such a good weekend and now I get to meet with my new friends again. I´m so excited!

Also, I´m staying over at my old classmate from Oulu. I shold take my knittings with me, since everytime I'm staying at Helenas' and see all her lovely yarns and handcrafts and knitting magazines I get this huge urge to start knitting immediatly.

But now I gotta start packing. Happy weekend to y'all!

-Tiina



2 comments:

  1. mitä kudoit? toivottavasti oli hyvä viikonloppu!! -pöölä

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oli niin hyvä viikonloppu etten ehtiny kutomaan =)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts. Please leave a comment =)