Wednesday 7 March 2012

Skiing holiday!

It's skiing holiday and I´m spending it at home in Ivalo! In the past few days I´ve seen my friends and my little goddaughter, gone sled sliding and ice fishing and had fried sausages and marshmallows by the campfire. All in all good times!

Here are some pics I´ve managed to take.



A day went by just snoozing on the couch with Linda.




















 Warming my toes by the fireplace after sled sliding.







 Icefishing at Rahajärvi. No fish, just great weather.

 After all I have to say our outdoor activity-skills were embarrassingly rusty. No matches, no mustard on the sausages, not enough clothes, our car gets stuck in the snow and I make a huge mess of my fishing yarn etc. No wonder a woman by the campfire asked whether we were locals..

Tomorrow starts the Sled Slide World Cup in Saariselkä. We´ll see if I find myself wandering after hot chocolate over there. Might be fun..

-Tiina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts. Please leave a comment =)